Thursday, September 14, 2006

Groundhog Day

Cynical is en vogue, my dear, and depression is in the air. Not in me, but my air is definitely polluted by depressed, depressing and aspartame sweetened people. How can I get away from this?

a/ Leave the job (but “love to hate themselves” people are everywhere; it’s not worth loosing the potential of the actual job. Plus, I feel I reached the highest level my current skills can get me.)

b/ Go to school. Apply now for next year x 2 ½ years enrolled x $80,000 x rent x food x reimburse school = raw pasta sans sauce nor personal life until I’m 42. Then menopause, then die. But die smarter than at 27.

c/ Move to a country where none of this matters. Eat grilled fish, mangos, guavas, freshly baked bread. Stare at colorful displays of strangely shaped veggies, wave at old man sipping on an exotic fruit blend under the neon like sun. Check out Whole Foods Market purchases through cashier n°21 and go back to work.

d/ Start a blog. Write a public diary no one will ever read (don’t we all only want to access what has been locked?) Close laptop. Start over as often as necessary.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Maia! Let's flip the coin...

a)You are so skilled at your job now that we can say you master it on every aspect. Well, it's time for you to get a raise.

b)Wow! Just thinking about going back to school in the US already makes you improve your maths!

c)You llived in NY for more than a month so by now you must be very allergic to any kind of fish and exotic fruit and of course to wheat as well... Whole Foods is way safer for you!

d)Discover you are very good at writing and getting a kick out of it. Sharing thoughts with your friends...